Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all catering sales department employees, facilities, sales and costs, to ensure maximum departmental profit is achieved.
- Produce, implements and monitors catering sales action plans to ensure catering sales revenue objectives are achieved.
- Take responsibility for the co-ordination and monitoring of all banquets, meetings and conventions.
- Ensure contracts are completed, revised and filed.
- Co-ordinate the allocation of space for the conference and associated events.
- Conduct room familiarizations and site inspections.
- Monitor Competitor activities.
- Maintain and develop contacts with business generators, meeting and conference planners, visitors/Conference Bureau, travel
agents, tour operators, airlines, corporate accounts.
- Control and analyze Quality levels of product and service, Guest satisfaction, Merchandising and Marketing, Operating costs and
Sanitation, cleanliness and hygiene in an effort to ensure optimum performance.
- Supervise and coordinates in liaison with the Director of Food and Beverage and the Executive Chef, the pricing and preparation of
banquet menus, and beverages and wine lists by taking into consideration such factors as Local requirements, Market needs,
Competition, Trends, Recipes, Potential costs, Availability of Food and Beverage products and Merchandising and promotion.
- Establish and maintain a record system including Files on all previous functions, Banquet and reservation book, Customer contact file,
Sales solicitation program, Room utilization, Menu file, Promotion file, Activities file, Union information, File on casuals, Solicit and
follow-up on business referrals and potential sales leads.
- Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with Inspection checklist and other sales related reports.